The updated skilled occupation lists were published by the Department of Home Affairs and came into effect on 11th of March 2019.
TSS Visas occupation list changes:
– Pressure welder and telecommunications network planner have been added to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
– The Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) has been extended by five occupations – chemical plant operator, watch and clock maker and repairer, textile and footwear mechanic, visual arts and crafts professionals and library technician
– However, sixteen occupations were removed from the STSOL and were added to the ROL, among them anesthetist, dentist and several farming jobs
– Also, goat and deer farmer have been included in the ROL
– Footballer, dancer and choreographer, artistic director and music director, tennis coach and arts manager or administrator have been added to the MLTSSL (previously in the STSOL)
The following occupation lists for visa subclasses have been changed:
– Subclass 186 Employer Nomination (ENS) Visa
– Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Visa
– Subclass 189 Skilled Independent Visa
– Subclass 189 Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa
– Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa
– Subclass 407 Training Visa
– Subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa
– Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa
Those who have already applied and are waiting for a decision to be made will not be affected, as the new occupation lists will not be applied retrospectively. Furthermore, in the middle of 2019 new occupation list instruments are to be released.
Regarding those who are eligible for transitional arrangements under the subclass 186 ENS visa under the Temporary Residence Transition Stream, the amendments of the occupation lists can be disregarded.