The Dutch immigration authorities (IND) have announced new minimum salary levels for knowledge migrant workers (aka Highly Skilled Migrants), graduates and Blue Card applicants coming to Netherlands effective 1 January 2019.
These are applicable for new applications for local hires, assignees (when outside the scope of the EU ICT Directive 2014/66/EU) or extension applications, received by IND on or after 1 January 2019:
Minimum Salaries for 2019
The levels for new minimum gross monthly salary are:
* Knowledge Migrants aged 30 and above: EUR 4500 (up from EUR 4404)
* Knowledge Migrants aged under 30: EUR 3299 (up from EUR 3229)
* Persons graduated from a higher Dutch educational institution, or from an international educational institution listed in the top 200 of one of the ranking lists, taking up employment within three years after graduation: EUR 2364 (up from EUR 2314)
* Blue Card Holders: EUR 5272 (up from EUR 5160)
* The amounts listed above do not include the mandatory holiday allowance. Payments must be made monthly, directly into the bank account of the foreign national, and the onus is on the employer to prove that such payments have been made and meet monthly requirements. Failure to be compliant with these rules may result in fines
* Benefits and allowances may only be included if they are specified in the employment contract, fixed/guaranteed and paid monthly in money (not in kind)
* Salaries must also meet the market salary rate for the specific Position.